Pages

Sunday 20 February 2011

I'll Be Back.

Not a good weekend of punting for followers of my bets with every horse running complete nightmares. I am sure you have heard it all before but thats part of life in gambling. After making a superb +96 points in January ,this month now stands at a meagre +14 points. All that can be done after a shit weekend is to pick yourself back up and start again.

Still its a profit from the bookies and luckily for me my trading has been pretty good with the horses and football. Some of my own selections I have traded in running with my biggest win on Jump Jet that I put up as a selection on Friday i think. This hit about 1.4 in running before finishing third.

The horse lays are still in the middle of a cycle that I use so I havent posted any up on twitter yet, and to be honest I am having second thoughts about doing this as I dont need the grief if losing sequences occur. I think this very famous piece of work says it all:


If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Moving forward I like so many others have been poor keeping the blog going so I will take the decision that until I feel inspired to write more often and with a greater input I shall stop. I did this last year for about three months. I will obviously be on twitter posting my selections until everyone gets pissed off with them and just so you dont think I have done my bank here is my BF statement for last seven days.


Thanks for reading and for all the comments and as Arnie says " Ill Be Back". I wanted to put two of the best bits of comedy TV I have seen on the blog. One was on ATR a few weeks ago and one was sent to me by "The Professional Loafer"!! Please watch and laugh...



The second one I can not embed but heres the link:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3-E3mAQVyU&feature=channel

No comments:

Post a Comment