Pages

Friday 13 August 2010

Crossroads

To be honest ( isnt that a terrible saying) I have been a bit of a ditherer the last few days and I hate the way it effects my bets. This month has started of so well with my lays that I am getting nervous of continuing to do them. I have a nice profit for the month after having about 25 lays in a row lose at average odds of 4/1, so yesterday I decided not to do them, as expecting the wrath of the betting gods to strike me down and give me a load of winners so wiping out the last twelve days worth of hard work. As happens another eight losers came up yesterday so my abstinence cost me £400, on top of this I backed £275 worth of losers. So instead of showing a profit of £125 I showed the £275 loss for a long day in front of the computer.

Now this occurence happened half way through last month as well when I realised I had made my monthly target so decided to stop doing the lays. The same thing happened as all my lays carried on losing some even coming into 1.01 and still getting beat. As you can imagine I was aghast so I plunged back in thinking that sometimes you have to make hay when the sun is shining.

The next day the sun stopped shining....bloody typical! Anyway there are plenty of mind games when you are doing this full time that I dont think people realise. If I had a full time job I could go at these with gay abandon and if they won at least I would still have a nice monthly salary coming to bale me out on the last Friday of every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment