Pages

Monday 29 November 2010

Adelaide.

Good post on "Sport Is Made for Betting" about the cricket. A thoroughly great come back for England who 200 odd runs behind after the first innings made 517/1 in their second innings to claim the draw. How the Australians miss Warne and McGrath, and thank god they decided to hang up their pads.

Personally I think that England can get the twenty wickets needed to win the next test and a lay of the draw at such low odds should be taken. There are five whole days and at 2.16 this price must trade higher. Both Austrailian batsmen (Haddin and Hussey) who put together that record breaking partnership said that the bowling they came up against in the first hour of the second day was the toughest they have faced. We didnt get the rub of the green and who knows what would have happened if we had had the review that we needed to get Hussey out LBW within that first hour? There have been some funny results in Adelaide none more so than Englands last Ashes match there when England after declaring at 551 for 6,managed to get bowled out for 129 in the second innings and lost the match by six wickets. I expect plenty of runs and plenty of wickets to, I also expect the team to bat first's price will steam in.

Well a bit of chilly weekend for sure but no snow down on the coast where I am but plenty elsewhere in the UK. Obviously the weather killed a lot of the horse racing leaving me with just two bets, which both came the dreaded fourth place so no easy pickings there.

This gave me more time to concentrate on the weekends football matches to try and earn a crust. I got involved in a few matches on both days and though a couple of games went against me I managed to pick up a decent profit (for me!)


Both Soccer Insight and Premier Betting had winning weekends as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment