Pages

Sunday 3 October 2010

The Boy Done Good.

Magnificent weekend of sport with action and thrills and spills everywhere. The highlight for me was the great line up of racing at Longchamp and what a day for local lad (local to me!) Ryan Moore as he got Workforce up to win the prix de l'arc triomphe. The colt, who looked in fantastic condition before the race, was given a brilliant ride by Moore, who was also securing his maiden victory in the prestigious contest. For owner-breeder Khalid Abdullah it was a fourth success following Rainbow Quest (1985), Dancing Brave (1986) and Rail Link (2006).

If the closing stages of the race were exciting, further drama followed as a stewards' inquiry was called into what looked a rough race. It did not affect Workforce and the Stoute team were able to celebrate their victory.

Earler in the afternoon champion jockey elect Paul Hanaghan won his first group one race with Wootton Bassett who led from start to finish and sandwiched between these two excellent races the brillant filly Goldikova won her eleventh group one race the most ever by a European horse.

Had a really busy weekend of betting. On the racing front it was strange as on Saturday I didnt have a single bet of my own. I couldnt find any value with lots of uninspiring racing mixed in with big fields and terrible weather it was a pin in the paper type of a day. Instead I concentrated on football, tennis and some golf.

Today was more of the same with only three horse bets with two placing at 18/1, 12/1 and one unplaced.

Below is the weekends Betfair screen. A few horse lays came in, the golf strategy chipped in a few quid ( pardon the pun) and the tennis really helped after having a rough last week. My new football strategy got off to a poor start as is normal when you use real money and I had a few kicks in the teeth with this. The worst being Rangers scoring in the 93rd minute and Udinese doing the same in Italy. I have looked back at eleven leagues over the last eleven seasons so I have done it to death and I just hope its a blip ! Famous last words and all that.

SBP had a successful college football weekend. I am having difficulty with these bets as the games seem to over lap and I dont know whether the bet needs to be an A or B or C etc.

Last night the first game handicap was + 10.5 and the team were losing by 13 but obviously I had to wait to see if they scored in the last quarter before I knew if it was an A or B bet next up. By the time I found out the other game had already kicked off so I couldnt get the extra money on I needed.

The bet I did get on was the C bet in the NFL on the Colts -6.5 which lost so costing me £ 200 so not good, but i salvaged £90 back on the Chargers.

Ian Erskine had another three system 3 winners and a three FTS winners although the majority of the games it was seat of the pants time, especially the lay of 1-1 in the Palace/QPR game with Palace scoring at the death but Rangers managing to get a winner straight away.

A busy weekend with just over £ 200 profit which for all the hard work wasnt so good, but thats life !

No comments:

Post a Comment