Pages

Tuesday 19 October 2010

A Piece Of Luck.

Well the hot streak continued on the horses. I had just the four today and even though three were unplaced I did manage to get a nice 10/1 winner which made me a profit of £150 on the day. As you can see below this is another new Stan James account I managed to get opened up. Still not got Victor Chandler though and my Bet 365 account is in danger I think.


One of the unplaced horses I picked was called Rougham in the 3.10. It was running against four other nags in a beginners chase. Paul Nicholls had put in Celestial Halo for his chase debut and it went off at 1.29 on Betfair. Coming to four out it fell when battling for the lead with my pick. Unfortunately my horse fell as well and at first I was fuming because I thought the favourite had brought mine down but after watching the replays I could see that Rougham had fallen on its own accord. Amazingly the three horses that were well behind were suddenly in a race for the line and the 50/1 shot got beat by a head. The good news for me was I had layed the fav at 1.10 as with still four fences to go it was trading to low. This bought me in nearly £ 500 quid.


That was the highlight of the day for me and kept me in profit as my other lays went a drift and the tennis and football let me down.

Today the FTS system had two picks which were Arsenal and Burnley. Both teams won fairly easily so all the blame for the football losses go down to me as some games I thought would go one way obviously went the other. My hall of shame was backing Leeds who lost, laying Forest who won, and laying Sheff Utd who also won. So a full house there just a shame its not poker.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Geoff,

    Thanks for reading and good luck with your blog.
    If your gonna do it full time try to keep your sanity as some days can be very hard.

    ReplyDelete