Pages

Friday 15 October 2010

On Target...Just.

Well exactly half way through the month and my spreadsheet says I am exactly half way towards my monthly target. I am never gonna be rich but I am doing something I enjoy and that is the best thing in the world.

The last couple of days have been ok. I didnt make a bean yesterday but today would have been a cracker if not for some really poor decisions made by your's truly. Pressure makes you do rash things and today I buckled a bit. Its a bit like giving up something and then lapsing back into it and wondering where it all came from and trying to retrace what went wrong.

I chucked about £ 300 away on one particular race and the only good thing to say is that its the first time in twelve months that I have done something so silly. When I started on Betfair about five years ago it was a regular occurence but back then I had a full time job.

Below as you can see are the last couple of days figures :



The good news is the losses were well covered by my own tipping. I had five horses today and after having a lot of placed efforts recently I managed to get two winners, two placed and one out of the frame. I got on Frankie after he won the first at Newmarket and had a 9/1 winner.

He went on to ride three more winners on the day and I imagine there will be some money being lumped on him tomorrow.

In the 3.45 I wanted to get £ 25 e/w on Inca Chief but only Bet 365 had 66/1 and they wouldnt accommodate so I had to settle for £ 12.50 e/w. It actually got up in the last furlong to make a challenge before fading very quickly but just made the line in third place as the other nags swamped him.In the 4.20 handicap I had two horses Catergorical at 22/1 and Bollin Greta at 12/1. The latter won which made for a great punting day.
Bet Catalyst also had Hubris in the big race at Cheltenham and this got placed at 33/1 so well done Richard.This bought me in another £ 73.

The jumps is my favourite time for backing the horses and it was great to have Cheltenham back on TV today. There are some great cards tomorrow with Newmarket as well, where if Frankel gets any shorter in the market I will be laying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment