Pages

Monday 9 November 2009

Still Rolling

Nice and steady day today. Only had a few horse bets with a couple winners which netted me about £200. I subscribe to Punters Profits and started following the selections over a year ago but dropped them after about 4 months even though i showed a great profit on their selections. The only reason was going through the data they seem to tread water for about 6 months and obviously there is also very limited jumping in the summer . Anyway i have rejoined and have put aside a £3k bank and am betting 3% of my bank on each selection and will compound. My only criteria with them is that i dont back anything odds on as it is not profitable in the long run.

Traded four tennis matches today i am very much trying to catch swings. I take a few little loses or breakeven but the Safin game was a great match for me as there was great value in his opponent and this made a very quick and profitable trade. Finally had a little lay of Liverpool who are turning into a great trading team unfortunately for them.

2 comments:

  1. "My only criteria with them is that i dont back anything odds on as it is not profitable in the long run."

    How do you work that one out? If a price is value, it's value. Doesn't matter if it's odds-on, evens, or 50-1. Odds-on can often be great value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for the comment, i agree totally with you concerning odds.
    My comment was just concerning following Punters Profits.With over 15 years of data and thousands of bets there selections at evens and below have not added to the bank.
    Now if you want to give me 1.8 on Man Utd to beat Doncaster Rovers of course it is value.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete