Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Survival Of the Fittest.

The news of the day came this morning, and it is great to have new owners of the club. The below comes from the WHUFC website.

David Gold and David Sullivan have spoken of the "exciting experience" of taking charge of West Ham United.

The joint chairmen of the club were speaking at a specially arranged media conference at the Boleyn Ground on Tuesday morning after concluding the deal overnight. Mr Sullivan said: "It's going to take time to sink in. We've been wanting to sit here for 20 years and together we owned 27 per cent of the club 22 years ago and it's taken us 22 years to get to where want to be.

"I'm still in a bit of shock. It's been a tough few weeks of negotiations. We competed with two other very serious bidders and unbeknown to us, right up until eleven last night we thought we were going to get the club and the other two parties thought they were going to get the club.

"Both me and David are supporters, I went to university here and I lived in Hornchurch. David lived 50 yards from the ground for 20 years of his life and played for West Ham's youth team. We just want to be here where we've always wanted to be. There is no other club we would want to be at so for us we have come home and that's what it's all about."

Mr Gold added: "That's what we've done, come home. I received a call from David last night at 12. It almost takes me back to when I was a young boy playing for West Ham Boys when I was 15 and we were playing East Ham at the Boleyn Ground.

"It is a very exciting experience for David and I and we've dreamt of this for many years and we felt this would never happen. When we missed out on this 22 years ago we thought the opportunity was gone forever. It's amazing and here we are today."

So there it is, lets hope we can survive this depressing season and even if we dont at least we have some people at the helm who care about the club.



So to today, and one bet each from Equine ,PP, and Bet Catalyst. All three lost so a total loss of £127.50. This can be added to my poor overnight tennis. Saying that i tried a couple of new ideas which just kept going against me, with the final nail in the coffin being having all my green on Gasquet to cover my overnight losses. I went out this morning and on my return found that he had lost, dont know how it managed that after being a couple of sets up and then a break up in the final set.
This afternoons racing went better for me. I didnt have any bets myself as i couldnt see any value in todays nag fest. Instead i did a bit of pre racing trading which went much better than i expected. I find that if i dont have many bets on i tend to really focus all my energies on trying to make money from this and recently it has started working. Not sure if it is really just luck, or am i finally getting an idea of were the markets are going ? The main help for this has been opening up three windows instead of just concentrating on the horse at the head of the market . A lot of traders will think that im stupid for not doing this before, but i have trouble monitoring whats going on everywhere else as well as the horse im on. The biggest result was on a horse called Paktolos. I just scalped this horse with £100 ticks and had over £300 on it come race time . I decided to let it go in running with no loss on the other horses. Suffice to say it won, and i was to busy smiling to take a screen shot !!
Profit today £330.

No comments:

Post a Comment